Student Fellows Program
The ASPiRE Student Fellows program is a competitive opportunity which provides outstanding ASPiRE students the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills through collaboration with program staff and community partners, facilitation of co-curricular experiences, mentoring and peer management, strategic planning, critical thinking, and much more.
The fellowship is a paid (stipend) position. During this year of service, fellows agree to the following:
- reside in West Grace South residence hall (not included in payment);
- attend required ASPiRE Student Fellow specific events, including but not limited to fellows training & orientation, development workshops, group meetings, and one on one meetings with supervisor;
- assist with program orientation, reflection sessions, graduation and other large-scale ASPiRE events and activities;
- participate in and take on leadership roles with co-curricular events. (e.g., serving in the role of event manager for co-curricular activities or serving on ASPiRE committees);
- serve as a resource for current ASPiRE students; and
- meet with a faculty, staff or community mentor throughout the year.
Applications for this position are only available to students who are on track to complete the program in excellent standing. Second-year ASPiRE students who wish to be considered for a fellow position must complete an online application and participate in an in-person interview process. It is expected that between four to six student fellows will be selected each year. Fellowships are nine-month academic year appointments (Aug-May).
Students with questions about the fellowship position should contact Nerice Lochansky, assistant director, at email@example.com.